Sunday, March 23, 2008

the 'broken' leg

the "broken" leg.

3rd day of IT & e-Learning Fair at Funan DigitaLife Mall.

the craziest, strangest, unexpected, "disabling" thing happened to me today.

slightly after 4pm, i took off frm funan to city hall station to take the train home. and soon the FUN was abt to start. so i took the train to marina bay, ensuring that i hav a seat so i could slp! and there it was. frm marina bay, i slept all the way to yishun, w/o waking up. i was so tired i could not even feel myself anymore. and i nearly miss the stop.

tis is where all the FUN began. i had a split second decision to make. cos i was basically half conscious whn i awoke and i realise i had reached yishun station. so i was thinking, shld i juz go on to sembawang and take a u-turn bac after that, or shld i juz quickly get the hell out of there.
i took the latter. and there it was. POMP!

i got out of my seat. and i fell straight to the grd. and i was like DAMN IT, wad the hell. i couldnt even STAND, let alone walk. i think everyone was looking at me, but i couldnt give a damn anyway. i was trying damn hard to stand up, and quickly get the hell out of the train. my whole body and mind was practically not in the correct state of mind. i felt like i could faint any time.

1st fall. out of seat. 2nd fall. nxt step that i took. 3rd fall. near the pole in the centre of the train. 4th fall. juz b4 i go out of the doors. 5th fall. right outside of the doors, beyond the safety yellow lines. i was so freaking desperate to get the hell out of the train. i couldnt even hear the door closing "toot toot toot toot" sound. i dn even know whn the doors were gna close.

i felt like a total handicap at that pt in time. it was like my whole body juz fall on to the grd. i stand up with 2 legs. i fall right back, INSTANTLY. luckily, whn i got out alrdy, there was tis guy who helped me to the marble seats, with me hopping with my right leg. (my left leg was the one that "BROKE".)

while trying to recover/revive my left leg, i sat there thinking: die liao. i'm a goner tis time. i was damn scared my leg has bcome fei4 (worthless/useless in chinese). i dno wad will happen to my shooting career if that really happened.

basically, wad exactly happened between the time frm marina bay to yishun whn i slept was tis: i placed my lower right leg on my left thigh (chinese call it kiao ka). so all the way for that period of time, i juz slept in that position. and by the time i woke up, and i wanted to rush off. i could not stand at all, bcos blood was totally cut off for my left lower leg. even if i could i feel my leg intact, basically bcos the nerves are still connected, but my muscles were too weak to even support my body.

the feeling was terrible and freaky. but with such events or incidents, i think life is more exciting. hahahahaha