Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Invictus

Invictus

I dedicate this post to all readers and everyone out there in the world. It has indeed been a tough time recently. The year 2010 definitely has not got off to a good start. With undesirable weather conditions and natural disasters happening around the globe, the world is in crisis. Especially for the Haitians.

This also goes to my dearest friends, friends and everyone who are trying to hard to keep up with the pressure and the workload. It is tough. But we ain't gonna give in to let the challenge conquer us!

Invictus stands for: Unconquered, in Latin.
The movie is out there in cinemas now. So catch it before it ends and I can assure you will never regret it. (same goes for me, I have yet to catch it myself.)

The following poem is by William Ernest Henley.
I dedicate this to all who may be in crisis, under stress and pressure, demoralized and low in spirits, or just purely for reading pleasure. May you be inspired.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.
--- William Ernest Henley (1849 - 1903)

Do not fear in the face of adversity. Stand strong and fight, for you will forge your destiny ahead.